Mold release agent

I have tried cleaning those K type blocks off, I've tried soap and water alcohol sikkens m600 paint prep prepsol (paint prep)
None of these is cleaning the mold release off. Any ideas on what might be useful on this plastic?
--
Jeff

Goof Off?
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 12/27/2013 2:11 AM, Swingman wrote:

I've got lighter fluid, same stuff I think, I'll give that a try.
Jeff
On 12/27/13, 1:11 AM, Swingman wrote:

There's an outdoor furniture cleaner we use that contains a lot of bleach. It think it's called "Red Max." It works wonders. Look for a specific outdoor cleaner. The bleach kills the mold and removed the stains, while the cleaning agents lift it from the surface to be sprayed/scrubbed off.
--

-MIKE-

On 12/27/2013 10:50 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

This is mold release agent for removing parts from a mold, not mold as in the living cell type.
--
Jeff

Swingman wrote:

------------------------------------------------ Test first.
Might attack base surface you want to protect.
BTDT
Lew
On 12/27/13, 1:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Oops. Brainfart. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 12/27/13, 1:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:

DOH! Brain fart. My bad.
--

-MIKE-

On 12/26/2013 1:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Clorox? ;!)
On 12/26/2013 2:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I have found that many 'uncleanable' things come out pretty well after a long cycle in the dishwasher. The method even works fine with snowmobile engines once they are disassembled. The combination of uber-hot water and highly alkaline detergent can deal with some pretty nasty stuff. At worst you have wasted a couple of hours and $.25 of soap and water.
But on another tack, are you sure that it really is mold release agent you are dealing with? Some plastics simply have a sort of slimy-feeling surface finish of their own, particularly when they are cast extremely smooth. This is just the sort of plastic that a manufacturer might choose in an application where having glue not stick is important.
On 12/27/2013 9:12 AM, BenignBodger wrote:

Not willing to piss the wife off. She supports my habit, so we want to continue on that path... ;-)

My hands feel slimy after. So I think it's release agent.
--
Jeff

On 12/26/2013 1:30 PM, woodchucker wrote:

It has finally dawned on me that you might be dealing with new clamps. What brand are they actually?
I bought a set of Woodline clamps and the wood staining goo was not to be cleaned off and that was basically from the mouth of the owner of the company. He was fighting with the manufacturer in China to remedy the problem several years ago.
On 12/27/2013 9:34 AM, Leon wrote:

These are the kbody blocks that woodcraft sells, not clamps, no stain.
--
Jeff