Moisture meter opinions

Greetings, I'm in the market for a moisture meter and would value WWers opinions. About all I know is that they come mainly in 2 flavors; pins and no pins. I need one for checking purchased lumber, may want to try my hand starting to build simple furniture. I'm also having my whole house redone and it may come in handy if the contractor tries to slip in some deck lumber or framing that's too green. I guess it can also be used for wood flooring too. So the moisture range is something I'm not sure about. Price range up to around $250 is fine. TIA as always, Mark
Nobody asks:

I've got both, pins and no pins. I like the pin model for regular stack readings, because it seems less dodgy. The Wagner (I forget themodel number) pinless is great once boards are planed.
For moisture ranges, you don't need to go under 6%, and if you see wood over 20%, it's half submerged, or should be. Anywhere from 6% to 1-20% is fine, and there is a good selection from Wagner, Lignomat and Delmhorst in your price range.
Charlie Self "I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be." Thomas Jefferson
Thanks, I'm gonna keep those brands in mind. I do see a lot from Wagner. Nobody(Mark)
Charlie Self wrote:

This one is on sale in one of Harbor Freight's catalogs for $25:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber'57
I don't know if it is any good or not. Does anybody own it?
I tried it on a lark (price was just too tempting). Didn't work well at all, so I sent it back. Am saving up for a Wagner pinless.
H.