Moisture meter

I'm sure this has probably been brought up not that long ago (and I might have been the one to ask the question!), but the answers might be different this time, so what the hell. If you were going to buy a decent moisture meter today, which one would it be, and why? If *I* were going to buy one today, I probably wouldn't want to spend more than about $75, so if your suggestions are in line with that number then so much the better... :-)
I'm sure this has probably been brought up not that long ago (and I might have been the one to ask the question!), but the answers might be different this time, so what the hell. If you were going to buy a decent moisture meter today, which one would it be, and why? If *I* were going to buy one today, I probably wouldn't want to spend more than about $75, so if your suggestions are in line with that number then so much the better... :-)
BTW, sorry about the duplicate post, with the first one being dated over 12 hours ago. I was just forced(*) to install a critical Microsoft security patch followed by a reboot, and somewhere during that process it hosed my system clock.
(*) By my employer. YES, I am posting this from a work machine <shudder>, but don't worry, I AM getting all my work done. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Luck day Steve.
This article just came out in This is Carpentry.
http://www.thisiscarpentry.com /
Page 76
Leon wrote:

That's great info Leon; thanks.
On 12/03/2009 12:18 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

I tried a $30 one, and the pins broke off while inserting them into birch.
I now have this one:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2548&cat=1,43513,45788
You stick it in the wood then turn the dial till the light comes on.
For a bit more than your original budget you can get a mini Ligno. It's a bit more convenient to use in that you don't have to do anything other than push the pins into the wood.
As you go upscale you get the ability to measure drywall, finer accuracy, digital readout, etc.
Chris