"Modular" woodworking equipment

A few years ago, possibly, I recall seeing a table saw and a drill press that used removable tools instead of fixed units. For example, the table saw used a circular saw. The problem is, I have no idea who makes it. Can any one shed some light on who might make these and if they're any good?

I vaguely remember hearing that Skil makes (or used to make) something like that. It might work fine for basic use, but it seems like the benefits of drill presses and table saws are the strength and precision that come from heavy, solid tools in which the bit/blade is solidly anchored at a fixed spot. A modular system like you describe would most likely not offer those benefits. Pure conjecture, based on my limited experience with tools that seem too good (or too cheap) to be true. Good luck, Andy

Can't remember if it was Skil or B&D, but last seen by me being closed out for pennies on the dollar at Lowes - and Real Flimsy.

Thanks guys!
On 18 Apr, 16:17, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Triton sell an excellent bench for circular saws. Record sell an excellent power drill stand. HTH.