Modular miter saw/router table......

Was building a miter saw stand with some plans I found on the net, when I realized that if I didnt include a top, I could use it as a modular setup and swap my miter saw and my router in and out at will.
Unfortunately the rolling "cabinet" portion is already 75% built, so Im kinda stuck with the dimensions (unless I just build another for my router). The question is this:
I intended on making a router table top 24x32. The cabinet size is 20x25. So Id have 2" of overhang on front and back, and 3" on each side. Is this acceptable? or will this cause the router table top to twist/sag after its used for a while (or presumably left in place because 90% of the time the router table top would be in the cabinet). I intend to make the router table top out of 1.5" worth of MDF and formica on the top and bottom. Edge banding/t-molding/sealing the edges of it.
Thanks in advance!