modifying minimax s45 bandsaw

Besides the blade guides on these saws, another weak area is the blade tension knob. Has anybody tried refitting the knob with a real handle that is easier to adjust? I was in Woodcraft the other day looking at the Jet 18 saw, and it looks like a really nice saw. Does anybody know if the rip/resawing fence for the Jet will fit the Minimax?
I was not impressed with the fence either. But it is a hoss of a saw compared to the Delta/Jet 14" saws.