Moderating rec.woodworking

Page 4 of 7
Wed, Jan 12, 2005, 10:14pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.zzn.com ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) trolls us with: The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here. Thanks, and feedback welcome.
Another day, another dorky troll.
JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie
this sounds familiar...
bericht

Take a woodstick and a knife, or take a hobby.
ijsman, The Netherlands

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"
We've seen this crud before. By the way, the person you are trying to bring some grief, Bob Mcclenon from the UK, is from verizon.net, NOT verizon.zzn.com.
TROLL ---------------- A friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you, saying, "That was ****ing awesome!".
I got your feedback you friggin troll. Didn't the last exercise in this demonstrate we don't want you kind here? Isn't there some other friggin liberal cause you can go champion besides annoying the rest of us that don't want your magnanimous attention?
On Thu 13 Jan 2005 06:28:00a, "Knothead"

Actually I thought he looked more like a conservative.
Dan Says: Actually I thought he looked more like a conservative.
I always get the two confused, aren't the liberals the ones that want to have safe round edges on everything?
Dan s2s responds:

More like an O'Reilly, say, than any liberals I know. After all, it's O'Reilly who has appointed himself savior of the country from fund raisers in Hollywood. Hope that helps his image the next time he gropes the help and makes obscene phone calls to them.
Charlie Self "One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected." George W. Bush
Charlie Said: " More like an O'Reilly, say, than any liberals I know.
I was classifying him more like Donna Shalala the old Health and Human services director. She wanted to protect the world from from itself AND kinda looked like a Troll. But she was prolly more on the communist side of a liberal.
Knothead

LOL. Conservatives calling him a liberal, liberals calling him conservative. One thing is for sure, he is already intensely disliked around here.
Frank
"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message

One
Where's around here? ... I wanna boycott the place. ;>)
I am in the process of formulating a fledgling theory in my mind that it helps to be totally incapable of being a professional sports fan in order to really appreciate O'Reilly.
Me? .. an unabashed O'Reilly fan, and making no bones or apologies for it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Charlie Self wrote:

That's great, guys, turn the troll's thread into the eternal flamewar. That'll encourage him to go away. Not.

I would suggest the more descriptive and accurate term, "statist": one who believes that regulation and control are desirable and that individualism and free thought are dangerous and to be suppressed.
I would also suggest that "troll" is probably most appropriate. Sorry sadsack has probably wet himself excitement over the furor his little posting caused.
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Excellent! For too many years this group has been full of so much filth! What according to google groups, here are some word distributions:
woodie: 245 (my god, it seems like a favorite topic. pervs)
stroking wood: 23. Ok, not *so* common, but more then enough to be worriesome, especially for impressionable young children!
cross dressing: 26 hits. I am seriously worried. I just wanted my kids to be lumberjacks, and now the little punks are dressing up like women and hanging around in bars!
dressing wood: 67 hits. 'nuff said.
You are absolutely right. And I didn't even cover glory hole (22 hits), pole sucking (1 hit), greasing wood (6 hits).
What a horrible, horrible place. Clean it up, please!
PK
Go away. Go far away. Go far away and never return
You're welcome
message <Snip of a bunch of useless garbage>

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Another control freak heard from. Or are you just a troll?
Didn't we just go through this not two months ago? It fell on its ass, just like this will.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:44:53 -0500, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

It was a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.zzn.com says...

Yeah, right. Funny how there's no mention of that over there...
Folks, this is a troll. Somebody's trying to stir the pot here, or stir up trouble for the *real* Robert McClenon, or both. Let's just let this thread die, shall we?
Doug Miller wrote:

stir
this
Aw. Couldn't we argue just a little bit over whether he's a conservative troll or a liberal troll?