Moderating rec.woodworking

Hey Bob....your apparent arrogance in your reply below probably just insured that you WON'T be moderating anything more than your visits here in a short period of time.

bill

" snipped-for-privacy@veriz>

Reply to
Bill Otten

Sort of. But I think the more accurate term is "troll." I think he's gonna wish he'd used some heavier line.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback. If you desire a moderated group start one, but leave rec.woodworking alone.

Once again, thanks.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Robert -

With all due respect....

Piss Off!

(that's MY vote!)

" snipped-for-privacy@veriz>

Reply to
Tom Kearney

Look at this boneheads posts in News.Groups. He's a Troll and this isn't happening

Reply to
Knothead

attention to your ideas during the

Sir, Respectfully wondering if you see a problem with the above statement?

Reply to
patrick conroy

Awwwwright! Tuna for lunch!

-j

No, you won't. You will become the moderator of rec.woodworking.moderated. Rec.woodworking will continue to exist and will completely ignore you.

If you don't like it here, there's the door. Don't get hit in the ass on the way out.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

That's great, guys, turn the troll's thread into the eternal flamewar. That'll encourage him to go away. Not.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Is every one THAT bored???

Over 60 responses to this lame troll. I've never seen a 'mature' news group respond like this. In most well established groups a poor troll like this wouldn't get a handful of responses.

Reply to
Gino

go away, netcop wannabe.

Reply to
bridger

go f*ck yourself.

Reply to
bridger

You can kiss my ass with your "freaking liberals" crap. There are plenty of conservative self righteous pricks around, too. Check the guy who shaves you every morning to see one.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Yes, which explains why most of the posts that get a large number of responses are of this ilk. Mostly silly and off topic. Hey! Maybe we should have this newsgroup moderated... Just kidding!!! REALLY! I didn't mean it...

Actually I like to think of newsgroups, this one in particular, to be like the old general store. People hang out and talk about woodworking but most of those conversations are short, and quickly resolved (after all, how many ways can you stain cherry? Just kidding! - I really don't want to know) but talk about something that gets people riled up - well, now you've got yourself a 'discussion'. Who would want it any other way?

Oh yeah, that idiot troll.

TWS

Reply to
TWS

This is a forgery, people. Bob McCLenon does not post through Google.

Wait, there will be more under a variety of names. We've seen this before.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

[A "Group W" reject - Must be Robert again.]

Hello, Robert. Be careful what you wish for.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

That's the beginning and end of it. Most trolls here are labelled OT, as if it makes a difference.

Reply to
Guess who

And just how is it that your post on the subject differs?

Reply to
Swingman

Initial feedback - go away. You're not wanted here.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Not bloody likely.

Well, you just shot your chances as moderator, pal.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal