Moderating rec.woodworking

Page 1 of 7
The NAN moderators have lifted the ban on accepting proposals to convert unmoderated groups to moderated groups. I will be submitting a proposal (RFD) to make rec.woodworking a candidate for moderation, after a passing vote (CFV). Please look for the RFD. It will be posted here.
Thanks, and feedback welcome.
Now why would you do a stupid thing like that?
message

On 12 Jan 2005 22:14:32 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"

I seriously doubt you are going to welcome the feedback you get regarding this. Particularly since this appears to only be the second posting you've made to rec.ww, the other posting was also participating in a thread dealing with creating a moderated woodworking group.
Why in the world do you want to do this?
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Mark & Juanita wrote:

You will have your opportunity to vote.

None of that matters when submitting an RFD. I have been a very long time lurker, and lurkers rights are equal to posters rights on Usenet.

This house is a mess; time to clean it up. I will submit the RFD within 24 hours. Voting will start about 21 days later. I have a *very* good feeling that the vote will pass, and that I will become the moderator of rec.woodworking by next month. I suggest you start being a little nicer to me if you want me to pay attention to your ideas during the RFD process.
Bob McClenon snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

FOAD!

OK everybody, lets use the above email addreses to tell Robert where to go.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:25:35 -0500, "TaskMule"

If the troll isn't really Robert, and you do that, the troll wins, big time..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Sounds like someone wants to look important. Unfortunately for him that does not make him qualified to moderate this group.
message
The above threat that you made establishes that you are not fit to moderate a newsgroup. Moderating is not the same as blocking people because you carry a petty grudge against them. I suggest that you petition to form a new NG called rec.woodworking.emperor_mcclenon where you could openly wield your threats and rule with an iron fist. That way your impact on rec woodworking will match your contributions to the group. I encourage all readers of rec.woodworking to forward a copy of Mr McClenon's threat to the appropriate people at usenet post haste so as to have the RFD rejected as an attempt at power seeking.
George Anderson
George wrote:

To whom do we send comments?
Josie
message

Oh great. Another one of the great saviors of all things messed up. Maybe you'd be better off if you didn't even bother to lurk, let alone post, if this place bothers you so much.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Hmm... I'd give you around 25% chance unless there is some sort of cheat-the-vote process I'm not aware of...

...Make that 2%. Although I like the idea of a moderated group, I suggest starting a brand new group to do so. With that last statement, I doubt many will support you beign the moderator. Moderation takes clear, emotionless thought and the ability to judge a post for its content regardless of whether you think the looney who wrote it is an oxygen theif or not.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

If you would like, I will be your campaign manager to support your cause. Of course not here, maybe rec.BOBisKING.
On 12 Jan 2005 23:45:32 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net"

Your admission of blatant partiality is duly noted
message

Yes they are equal. You have the equal right to go piss up a rope if you don't like what's going on here.
Frank

Bob, I've lead the effort to create something like 4 newsgroups. I also ran a poll about splitting this newsgroup (ok that was several years ago), and I can tell you this....
Your proposal will fail
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Moron.
message

This is a joke, right?
Mike Granby wrote:

Sort of. But I think the more accurate term is "troll." I think he's gonna wish he'd used some heavier line.
Cheers, Mike
message

Well thanks Robert. About time someone stepped up and took action. As you can see, some of the guys here are not nice. Not my fault, I've often said, "guys, you gotta be nice'. Sometimes I've said "guys, you gotta stop posting off topic stuff here." They just don't listen to me but I'm sure they will listen to you. You've got a lot of charisma.
Will you be needing as assistant? We could do this together. Maybe get uniforms. Yeah, uniforms with brown shirts and a logo. We can get business cards and have a title after our names. You can be the head monitor. In some languages that would translate to "monitor of the head". Catchy huh?
Whattuya think? Damn, this is exciting.