MobileBase from Rockler

Has anyone tried the mobile base from rockler? I need one for my contractors saw.
Does it work ok?
I have 2. The one under my jointer works just fine in spite of me using fir and not hardwood rails. The other is still in the box as I couldn't pass up the sale. It's destined for planer once I ever get around to building the stand.
Art

Yes and no. I've used the exact same one from Harbor Freight. It works great. The HF version is $20 I think. I have one under my contractors TS and under a shaper.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"stoutman" <.@.> wrote in message news:4GGOb.96243$xy6.172504@attbi_s02...

Unfortunately HF no longer sells the mobile base you're talking about. Delta has one that looks pretty much just like the Rockler and old HF versions though.
If you're talking about the one that you finish building with 2x2 hardwood...yes. Local Rockler gave me one when I bought my Jet contractor saw from them about 3 years ago. I never cuss it...guess that's a good thing. Big foot lever makes putting the saw up in the mobile position pretty effortless. Simple up pressure sets the the base back on the floor square and sound.
stoutman wrote:

--
Larry G. Laminger
http://woodworks.laminger.com

Works great! I couldn't be happier!
Rob

It is basically the same as the Harbor Freight base, but the metal is slightly thicker and the parts are slightly better made. It works just fine. So does the Harbor Freight base.

Just assembled a HTC mobile base for my planer. It was suggested to me to avoid the bases that required wood. (Maybe warpage?)

I have built two Delta(+$60) bases and one Rockler ($40 on sale in Dec). The designs are similar--the Rockler is designed so the foot pedal can be removed with a pin--I don't bother and leave it on--may be a trip hazard depending on the tool that's on it. The Delta is built better and 1.5in wood fits in the channels snuggly---the Rockler channels should have wood a little wider to fit snuggly---you want the wood to be snug so you have to tap it in with mallet--otherwise depending on the wt it carries you may get flex as I do on the Rockler that holds my band saw. I should have measured better and cut it thicker. But it still works fine.
So Delta is better in my opinion but for the $20 savings it's the Rockler for me since it does the job.
Tim