Mobile Tool Base

I just bought the HCT2000 Mobile Tool Base from Amazon for a recently purchased drill press. It cost $49 and since I was willing to wait a few extra days, shipping was free. The tool base assembles easily and it has a clever mechanism for raising it up on 4 wheels to roll the tool around. I am quite happy with this product and wanted to share my experience.
I got 2 of these HCT2000 mobile bases, one for my bandsaw n one for jointer, they work good...but I paid $55 at a local tool store....on sale they said, regular $79... So far, so good........

On 29 Feb 2004 12:57:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@theworld.com (Dick Snyder) wrote:

I have an HTC mobile base for my table saw and I'm really happy with it. Easy to move when you want it to move and absolutely rock solid when you want it not to move. Much better than the Delta mobile base I have for my bandsaw, I wish I'd gotten an HTC base for that as well.
I bought one last month for the planer I got for Christmas. It took me a while to put it together, but I really like it. I'm going to invest in another one the next time I get paid for my scroll saw. I got mine at Post Tools. Their original price was $59, but I told them I could get it for $49 on Amazon Tool Crib......they matched the price.
(Dick Snyder)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 02:27:10 GMT, John Carlson

Mine is underwhelming.
I have an HTC base under a General cabinet saw that will rock side to side, as you stand at the front of the saw, unless I put wedges between the base and floor.
The flex is coming from the mobile base's long tube that goes under the rip table. The saw body itself sits on two wheels, with a third out under the rip table's feet. The rocking is noticeable and quite annoying. If I moved the saw more often, I'd rate this base as "unacceptable".
The main reason for the mobile base, in my case, is to make the saw higher for me, mobility is secondary. The wedges are less of a pain than lifting the saw out of the base and returning the HTC base to the place of purchase.
Barry
I got a General mobile base for my General cab saw...rated at 500 lbs...very pleased with it, ordered another one for an 8" jointer...
david

Where did you get it? I can't find mobile bases on General's site, and my local dealer carries HTC.
I was going to add some welded support between the far right end and the main base to stop the rocking when I don't have the wedges in place.
Thanks, Barry