Mobile base for Unisaw

Does anyone know where I could find a plan or ideas to build a mobile base for my Unisaw? It can be wood or metal............I don't care as long as it is good. Regards. -Guy
here's an idea:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)71054089//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl60/104-3916308-6651163?v=glance&s=hi&nP7846

it

it
Delta makes a dedicated base for the Uni, and it's quite nice. DAMHIKT.
Bob
    Greetings and Salutations.
wrote:

    Find a Harbor Frieght store, or go to www.harborfreight.com. Get the "universal mobile base". Get some hardwood (or 1/5" square TUBING (not pipe) and bolt it together.     Alternatively, drop the bucks for the Delta one.     Regards     Dave Mundt
that one isn't up to the task, Dave. He needs the Delta base designed for the Uni.
dave
Dave Mundt wrote:

I got the General International brand they are all metal no wood to add like the Delta.
D.Martin

there's no wood in Delta's Unisaw mobile base!
dave
Daniel Martin wrote:

My Delta mobile base is all metal. The one with wood is a "universal" base. The one I have is made specifically for the unisaw.
Grant
Daniel Martin wrote:

the Delta mobile base is hard to beat.
dave
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

I've got the delta mobile base, and I agree it's well designed. Easy to assemble, strong, and obviously designed to fit the saw exactly. In the down position, it's very solid, and in the up position I can push 400 lbs of machinery around with one hand. The swiveling third wheel makes it very easy to maneuver around tight curves.
My only wish is that it lifted the saw a little higher, but that's because the floor of my shop is not very flat (concrete basement floor in poor condition with several bumps and discontinuities). On the plus side, there's plenty of adjustment in the foot levers, so I can get the thing sitting solid on the floor on all points. With a reasonably flat floor, this wouldn't be an issue.
I have the Delat also and I love it! I think you can adjust how high it raises the saw- seems like I had to adjust it when I set mine up.

I agree with you Roy on wishing that it lifted the saw a bit higher. I found that by raising the rubber feet at the end of the table a bit, I can clear most of the undulations in the concrete floor. The seam down the middle is the biggest PITA.
dave
Roy Smith wrote:

So is HTC's mobile bases.

base
as it

However, the Delta came with my Unisaw... :)
dave
FOW wrote:

If you live anywhere near a Woodworkers' Warehouse, they are going out of business and Unisaw mobile bases are 40% off

I got one of the Delta bases from WWW last night for 50% off...
John
Guy LaRochelle wrote:

I have this one on my Grizzly contractor saw. It also apparently works on Grizzly's cabinet saws. http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G7314
I like it better than the 3-wheeled mobile base on my jointer. The wheels are larger and deal better with flaws in the concrete floor, and 4 wheels seem more stable than 3.
-- Mark
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:00:09 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Unless you have an uneven floor. Three points of contact will always sit flat.
JP ***************** The human tripod.
Jay Pique wrote:

The knobbed screws on the front have rubber feet on the bottom. They do a very good job of leveling and holding the saw in place while in use.
-- Mark