Mobile base for lathe

Page 2 of 2
On 8/6/2016 1:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Well actually a Craftsman contractors saw, even with the cast iron top, is relatively light weight compared to my DP and or a decent sized jointer. The heavy part of my old Craftsman was the cast iron top and the foot print was relatively small. My DP probably weighs 300 lbs with its cast iron base and belt housing and long steel column.
So I am sure it works fine for you just like my router table cabinet with loaded drawers.
On 8/5/2016 1:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yes, but you don't need all that stuff if building your own cabinet. My wife bought me that same set for xmas once, I think it was Delta though. I never used anything but the lift mechanism, which was nice. I still have the rest of it in a box somewhere. I built a cabinet for my TS and jointer, and used the lift there. Nothing moves, in fact, I could leave the lift up and it still is stable unless your lean on it hard. The jointer fence doubles as an outboard support for the left side of the TS. Lots of advantages to building your own bases.
http://jbstein.com/Photos/woodwork/P1050225.jpg
--
Jack
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 07:44:00 -0700

for inspiration
http://northernwi.craigslist.org/tls/5626818051.html
On 8/1/2016 8:44 AM, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

http://www.lagunatools.com/Deluxe-Wheel-System
Graham