Moaning Miter Saw

My six month old Dewalt DW706 Miter Saw has started to make a loud rattley moan when the electric brake applies. It doesn't always happen but it is occuring with greater frequency. Is this normal or should I try to get it to a service center?

Brian

Reply to
Brian8568

Without knowing much about this problem on that tool, I can only offer this advise - if the tool beings making an unusual noise and/or behaves in a way that's abnormal or different from the way it had been running, it's a good idea to get a service guy to check it out.

I've had my DeWalt compound miter saw (DW705) for a long long time and it's been the same since the day I got it. For a point of reference, my use is homeowner/hobbyist, so obviously it doesn't get heavy contractor type daily use.

Take your saw in. I would if I experienced that problem on my saw.

Reply to
George Max