MLCS router bits

Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others. They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this set. Are you happy with it.
If you're not buying all sets storage and identification of individual bits gets ahead of you in a hurry, DAMHIKT. Start pondering resolution as they seem to multiply faster than rabbits.

I have some MLCS bits and have had generally good luck with them. They are not quite as good as the Jesada or CMT bits I own but are good enough that they're a good comprimise between quality and price, I'll buy more.
Don

Rich wrote:

Hi Rich,
The quality of MLCS router bit sets have been discussed many times in the past. See:
http://www.google.com/groups?q=MLCS+router+bit+quality+group:rec.woodworking&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm 030709154309.03053.00000087%40mb-m27.aol.com&rnum=2
The previous discussions includes comments from a MLCS representative.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

http://www.google.com/groups?q=MLCS+router+bit+quality+group:rec.woodworking&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm 030709154309.03053.00000087%40mb-m27.aol.com&rnum=2

FYI, I purchased the smallest set, the price being what it is, despite all the advice on the wreck to not purchase sets.
The bits are all perfectly functional. My understanding of MLCS bits is that they aren't going to wear as long as the highest end bits (and that is not including their Katana line).
The down side was that typically, for template and straight bit purposes, my general desired length of carbide would be > 3/4", say, 1". The MLCS in my set are usually 3/4". So I ended up purchasing new bits for this type use anyway.
Rich wrote:

I have the set you mention - got it in January. Quite happy with it, so far. I've used maybe a dozen bits from the set. They have all performed just fine. Given the <3$ per bit pricing...I'm quite pleased. It should keep me busy for quite a while :>
I'm told they are not the same quality as other makers...but I cannot tell the difference between them and the Freud and CMT bits I own. When I've used a bit often enough to wear it out, maybe I'll buy a high-end bit. maybe.
--
Chris Merrill

I got the "Milennium Set" (66 piece set you mention) on sale from MLCS for $119.95. At that price per bit I couldn't pass it up, as I had no other router bits at the time. It is a great starter set. I usually woodwork on the weekends and only bring out the router on occasion, so this set is fine with me. Those that use the router more often might prefer something differnet (more $), for greater wear, better performance, etc. This is all stuff I wouldn't be able to tell in my limited usage. So for my usage of the bits...yes, this is a great set.
DW
I've been VERY happy with MLCS. Don't overlook the fact that shipping costs are non-existant, and if I place an order today, I usually see the bit in the mailbox two days from now. I only had one instance that the shipping was slow, but usually, they're lighning fast!
The bits have been just as high a quality as any I've purchased at the home stores. If the job can wait 2 days, I'll opt for the less expensive MLCS bit every time.
DK

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." ---George Carlin