MLCS router bits

In the hunt for some dado router bits for a project that is up and coming. I've searched around and found that MLCS has what I need at a very good price.
Curious if anyone has good/bad experience with MLCS bits in general. I like the fact that they have free shipping and of course the price. Yes, if I could, I go with CMT or higher quality bits, but money is tight.
MJ

I have quite a few MLCS bits and they do the job very nicely. Assuming, of course, that "the job" does not mean "lasting forever in a production shop". Occasional use from a hobbyist wooderworker and the bits should last a good long time. I've never had one crap out.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

What he said... :)

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:45:53 -0500, Steve Turner wrote:

I'll agree with Steve. I've also bought bits from MLCS and am a satisfied user thereof.
BTW, a couple of strokes of a fine diamond file on each cutter after each use will increase useful life quite a bit.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be posting a question about woodworking on this newsgroup. From current postings I surmise that that isn't allowed. Thanks.
PS No first hand knowledge of their bits, but they get pretty much universally good reviews on Amazon: (Amazon.com product link shortened)

They get the job done for a hobbyist.
Just for fun, check Infinity, they work for me.
Lew
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:16:57 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

You a stock holder Lew? Infinity that is.
I do not know what made me do it but I did.
Twist sense of words I guess.
Mark
"Markem" wrote:

Just a satisfied customer.
Lew

Majority stock holder or owner - he said "they work for me." ;)
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:35:02 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Two points, Ricky.
-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard
Would straight bits work for your dadoing?
I'll send you an email. Check your spam folder, if it doesn't show up in your regular mail.
Sonny
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:07:25 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I own a lot of them and they work for me. Maybe not quite as clean-cutting as some, but more than adequate. I find their Katana line to be a little better in quality and only a little higher in price.

I am not sure I would buy just "1" MCLS bit, I think I would opt for a whole set. Set prices are a very good value. Yes you will be buying bits that you may never use but you will have them at a very reasonable price.
When and if you need to replace one of those bits, replace it with a better brand, CMT, Whiteside, Amana bit. Chances are that the MCLS bit that you are replacing is the one that you are using the most. In this case quality trumps inexpensive.
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:07:25 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote (in article

I bought an 11-piece combo set a few years back as a starter set. The bits still seem fine though I have had about 6 or 7 bearings explode on me (spares were included in the set).
-Bruce