MLCS MARVEL 60 router

Anyone have any experience with the MLCS MARVEL 60 3 HP Variable Speed Plunge Router? this is the most economical 3 hp router that I've come across.
Thanks for any help/
Don
Haven't tried it, but... Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work up the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

You will always 'need' another router, lest you be banished from the Wreck by the Moderator and set adrift on a sheet of painted cherry!
Robatoy wrote:

Need? What's with need? The operative word is WANT<g>

I have more routers (7) than I need but not as many as I want. <G>
Max
Don,
One of my students brought one to class....pretty poor machine.... very rough plunge ....assembly was terrible I would look elsewhere...good luck Mike
snipped-for-privacy@ccrtc.com wrote:

Thanks to all for the input.
Mike,
Suppose I only wanted to use the machine mounted to a table, the plunge being of no concern. I 'm working with a pretty tight budget, but I need 3 hp to handle heavy workloads more efficiently.
Get the Hitachi. You won't be sorry. Been abusing a TR12 for about 10 years now, maybe longer.
Alan
arw01 wrote:

appreciate the suggestion.

I have 2 M12V Hitachis mounted in a Rockler double router table. I think they're great.
Max
D Shack wrote:

The above from someone who's actually seen one and you still want to bite when there are recognized quality ones available for little more?
You think there's a chance the electricals are any higher quality than the machining? It never ceases to amaze the levels to avoid a buck up front to cost in time/repair/replacement/aggravation down the road... :(
Duane Bozarth wrote:

point well taken, duane.