MLCS MARVEL 60 router

Anyone have any experience with the MLCS MARVEL 60 3 HP Variable Speed Plunge Router? this is the most economical 3 hp router that I've come across.

Thanks for any help/

Don

Reply to
D Shack

Haven't tried it, but... Amazon/ToolCrib has the Hitachi 15a for $160 less a $25 coupon, and they throw in a palm sander. You can't beat that deal. I am trying to work up the nerve to buy a router I don't need.

Reply to
toller

You will always 'need' another router, lest you be banished from the Wreck by the Moderator and set adrift on a sheet of painted cherry!

Reply to
Robatoy

Need? What's with need? The operative word is WANT

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Don,

One of my students brought one to class....pretty poor machine.... very rough plunge ....assembly was terrible I would look elsewhere...good luck Mike

Reply to
aswr

Thanks to all for the input.

Mike,

Suppose I only wanted to use the machine mounted to a table, the plunge being of no concern. I 'm working with a pretty tight budget, but I need

3 hp to handle heavy workloads more efficiently.
Reply to
D Shack

Get the Hitachi. You won't be sorry. Been abusing a TR12 for about 10 years now, maybe longer.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

The above from someone who's actually seen one and you still want to bite when there are recognized quality ones available for little more?

You think there's a chance the electricals are any higher quality than the machining? It never ceases to amaze the levels to avoid a buck up front to cost in time/repair/replacement/aggravation down the road... :(

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

thanks. I'm going to take a look at that Hitachi.

appreciate the suggestion.

Reply to
D Shack

point well taken, duane.

Reply to
D Shack

I have more routers (7) than I need but not as many as I want.

Max

Reply to
Max

I have 2 M12V Hitachis mounted in a Rockler double router table. I think they're great.

Max

Reply to
Max