MLCS Dovetail Jig?

MLCS has a decent looking dovetail jig, #8706 <http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/dovetailjig.html
I'm thinking of getting it. For $54/shipped, it looks like the best bang-for-the-buck for sub-$100 jigs.
Anyone have any hands-on experience with this jig?
--

-MIKE-

That sure looks a lot like an old Sears dovetail jig I once had. It worked ok after a lot of trial and error. Made plenty of drawers with it though.
Max
On 3/2/10 5:22 PM, Max wrote:

Anyone have any hands-on experience with this jig?
--

-MIKE-

Mike
I thought that jig looks a lot like the Porter Cable 4112 see photo http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/pc4112.htm and after looking at the manual it is the old PC one. They have the same exact measurement that my manual has, 19/32" from the edge of the board. I bet there a ton of people who have used the PC version and could give feedback.
I have the 4112 and it has been pretty handy. I used it quite a bit when I was making a bunch of draws for a project.
Nothing fancy.
Larry C

Thanks, Larry. I don't always like fancy. Sometimes, simpler is betterer. :-)
I got my hands all over the HF jig and it really looks and feels like a POS. All the adjustment knobs are in the way of the other knobs and some of the key parts are plastic. I read some reviews of the HF and they all say that it works OK, *after* you tweak it up or build parts for it, or whatever.
I don't want to spend $150 for a jig, but I don't want to have to re-engineer the thing, either. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:18:14 -0600, the infamous -MIKE-

How does $20 sound? Get this instead: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i 0_1267571546 (Oops, not that.) This: http://fwd4.me/0OJ From $15.39, delivered. You'll have the method up and running smoothly in a day. Mo betta than jigs.
--
I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life
which are the real ones after all. --Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867-1957)

Sorry. Won't bother you any more.
Max (back in the cave)