MLCS 1/4" T&G Set - OK for 1/4" MDF panels?

Page 2 of 2
On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 9:49:02 AM UTC-5, Brewster wrote:

with 1/4" MDF panels and I was looking at this MLCS T&G router bit set:

it_tongue_groove.html

ty to move the groove back towards the rear of rails/stiles, while the #784 1 would force me to center the T&G. It is my understanding that 1/4" MDF is really 1/4", unlike 1/4" plywood which is less.

tic MDF it would be 1/4", if it was imported it would probably be less.

carry are 1/4". $19.95 per 49" x 97" sheet. I plan to swing by and measure the panels before I order the bit set, but I'd like your thoughts on the i ssue first.

You must not understand my project. :-)
I'm making shaker cabinet doors. I'll need the "tongue" - actually the "stu b" for the stub tenon joints on the frames.
On 1/24/15, 9:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Ahh, gotch! I was thinking you were worried about the slot for the panel..
I do stub tenon frames on the table saw with careful blade setups to get the proper fit. In general, if the cut is something that could be done with either a router or tablesaw, I tend to go the tablesaw route if the total cutting length is more than a few linear feet (less wear 'n' tear on expensive router bits)
Anyhoo, carry on!

--- ---