MkII honing guide - HOW SWEET IT IS!!

Wreckers: I just put my brand spanking new MKII honing guide to the test on 2 blades. The widest blade it'll take is the one from the scraping plane. I didn't even glance at the instructions. It's totally intuitive the second you pick it up. Slide on the alignment guide, set the bevel angle screw, slide in your blade and align it to the side of the guide and against the bevel guide stop, tighten two nuts, slide off the alignment guide and your blade is in perfect alignment. Be sure to set the brass wheel adjustment or you'll be honing a secondary bevel angle instead of the primary.
This sucker is as sweet as the last guide was sour. Fiddlefree adjustment and worth every centavo. (Don't tell Robin or the price might creep up due to overwhelmingly positive reviews. :) )
If you THINK you want one, just GET IT! I give it 2 thumbs WAAY up.
Bravo, Robin!
Dave
Sounds good, what are your sharpening methods? Stones? Scary sharpening?
--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Why, Lee Valley, of course. To 0.5 micron, I think.
I second Dave's analysis. The MKII is an absolute god-send for those of us who are hamfisted when it comes to sharpening.
Regards,
JT