Mixing different brands of poly?

I will not have enough Cabot's polyurethane to finish my project. Any problem putting on two applications of Cabots followed by two of Zar? (No, I don't want to actually mix them prior to application.)

I bought the Cabots when a local hardware store changed brands and was almost giving away the old stock. I doubt I can find it anywhere.

Reply to
toller

Don't know about Zar and Cabots brands specifically, but I have mixed Ace and Minwax before with no problems. It's usually safe to mix this way as long as you stay within product families. All appropriate caveats implied.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mon, Jan 24, 2005, 5:16pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (toller) wants to know: Any problem putting on two applications of Cabots followed by two of Zar?

Like Mike said, probably not. But, you can always call the 1-800 number on the can label - that's what it's there for..

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

As well toller, you can always throw a couple of coats on a test scrap. Any problems with adhesion will show up pretty quickly.

Reply to
Mike Marlow