Mitre saw blade question

Well, my old compound mitre saw (NOT sliding) is looking to get fitted with a new blade. I was looking at the few out there with negative rake angle tips, and was wondering how significant that would be on a saw that doesn't slide. Any opinions?
Thanks, Colin

All other things being equal, go with the negative rake...won't cut as fast, but you will end up with, in general, a MUCH better finish.
The drawbacks are that you will end up cutting slower and you will need more power...however, unless it is an old and tired miter saw, it should still be able to handle it.
Mike

I have an old miter saw that I thought was worn out. Cuts were generally lousy. Then I put a Forrest Chopmaster on it and realized it was just the blade. Buy yourself a top quality blade and you won't be disappointed.
JP

Negative rake is probably what you want on a miter saw blade! I just finished a review on the Infinity Miter Max blade: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/infinityblades.htm
I can recommend that particular one (it has negative rake) and produces ultra smooth edges.
--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski

0 deg to negative is best in any saw that moves through the work, - chop,miter ,radial arm- or do not exceed +5deg. For applications where work moves through the saw- tablesaws + hook reccomended. Also on miter saws forget thin kerf as the plate deflects and accuracy suffers.
Daily Grind Sharpening Service