Mitering help required!!

Does anyone know the best way of mitering the edges of a small (8cm x 8cm x 1cm) piece of wood to 45 degrees? The aim is to create 6 pieces that will fit together as a cubic box. I have been experimenting with a 1800w mitre saw but the edges are rough and it is difficult to get the dimensions exact. Does anyone have any suggestions of the best wood to use (currently spruce) and the best tool to use?
All suggestions welcome. TJS101

A framing guillotine would be the best tool.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

My suggestion would be to make a quick-and-simple miter box to be used with a dovetail or Japanese pull saw and cut them by hand. It would be pretty fast I think.
Mike

Although some extra work is involved, a donkey's ear shooting board offers probably the best solution.
Please take a look at my web site - Planing Notes - A Donkey's Ear Shuteing Board.
Jeff G
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Can't be bothered wading through all the OT crap in this newsgroup to find the original message, so I'll reply here:
1. Cut close enough with the TS ...mind you pinkies. 2. Build a jig with clamp to hold it firmly flat and square, then .... 3. Fine tune with the router table.