Miter slot spacing.

Is there, or is there not, a standard distance between the miter slots on table saws? If so, which mfrs observe that standard and which do not?

I'm about to make a series of table saw jigs that use both slots, and I'm curious to know if the spacing between the runners should be movable or fixed if intended for use on different saws. I've only got a small Delta and will be upgrading soon (I hope).

Thanks,

Longfellow

Reply to
Longfellow

No standard. There's sort of one on the size of the miter slot, but it's interpreted two different ways by two groups.

Sears/Ridgid uses a .746" bar and a .750" slot, while all of the majors use a .750" bar and a .755" slot. Both camps advertise a "standard" 3/8" x 3/4" miter slot.

I have a chart on my website that includes that info and also the distance between left slot and blade on various saws. It doesn't cover them all--just what I was able to access.

Reply to
LRod

Thanks, that's what I finally concluded.

I'm trying to learn how to do "fine" woodworking, and precision jig making is undoubtedly good practice. And I can use the practice ;)

Longfellow

Reply to
Longfellow