miter saws: 12" vs. 10" slide. Any advice?

I'm going to be getting a new saw to cut lots of 2x8's in an upcoming project. I'm looking for something in the $500 canadian range. Would a slide be as accurate as a regular miter saw. would the slides eventually get sloppy?

Reply to
wesf66

If the max you need is 8", then a 12" is adequate and half the price of a sliding 10".

Reply to
toller

What do you mean by a lot of 2 X 8? 50 units? 200 units? 1000 units? I suggest to buy an industrial 7 1/4" radial saw with an incorporated break (Dewalt). You make some gabarits (45, 30o, etc) to satisfy your needs. It is more accurate than a sliding saw, its more versatile, you save space and you have a more usefull tool.

Le Bleuet "wesf66" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com...

Reply to
Pierre Fortin