Miter Saw Recommendation?

Page 2 of 2
I agree completely! I STILL have issues with my DeWalt when trying to get a cut close to the perfection I get from my TS. It just doesn't "cut it" when it comes to wider cuts, no matter how slowly I feed the blade into the wood, be it oak or even 12mm Baltic birch. I end up with bowed cuts, using a Dewalt thin kerf blade.
dave
Steve Knight wrote:

got to dump the thin kerf no need of one. I used to watch one flex in my tablesaw when I was cutting plane bodies.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Yep, I agree. Thin kerfs, in my opinion, were made for marginal, underpowered saws. They tiouted claims of cheaper, less waste, etc. as reasons for buying them but any serious woodworker wants a STRAIGHT CLEAN cut and thin kerfs, as a rule, do not provide that ALL the time like a 1'8" kerf blade.

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 10:35:59 -0600, Lawrence A. Ramsey

hell I rip 8/4 purpleheart on my jet contractors saw with a 1/8" forrest blade works great.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes