Miter Saw Lazer Retrofit

Folks -

Do any of you own the PC miter saw with the twin lasers? Would it be possible to purchase a laser unit and retrofit it to the head of a non laser saw?

I was looking at the PC and it looks like an add-on. I'm just wondering how much the parts would be.

Any feedback appreciated - an accurate laser line would sure make molding cuts easier.

Thanks

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

Go to:

They make an add on product. I have never seen one but am thinking about buying it.

Reply to
Marv

Typo in post: That would be:

They market a non-blade mounted laser product. Blade mounted devices are sort of useless... FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

I couldn't make much sense out of their laser, but I loved their Miter-Pal. Who would have throught you could cut a piece of steel at 45 degrees and sell it for $18?!

Reply to
Toller

Heres a review of the Laserkerf:

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
5 Reviews:

- Workshop Essentials Under $30

- Festool PS 300 Jigsaws

- Delta Universal Tenoning Jig

- Ryobi Reciprocating Saw

- Infinity Router Bits

SawEyes

Lazerkerf is a $90 pos. I wrote my experience with it a couple months ago when the same question came up. Do a Google search for past laser inquiries, mine will be there. The best accuracy is your eye and a Zero clearance insert. Al in WA

Reply to
Al