miter gauge tip

This might be something that many of you already do, but I was having trouble keeping my workpiece from sliding back and forth a small amount while cutting a miter on a tablesaw, resulting in a not-so-straight cut. I found that putting a piece of adhesive backed sandpaper on the face of the miter gauge to grip the wood really helped.
Good thinking. You might also check the squareness of your mitre gauge. Tom snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

tom wrote:

Where it really helps is when you're cutting an angle other than 90 degrees, because that's when the piece tends to slide the most. Takes the whiteness out of the knuckles, its no good to be tense around a table saw.
On 13 Jun 2006 18:28:25 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

I've seen fences offered for some miter gages that have some kind of non slip material on them. I've never tried them though. It's been my observation that if I tend to have some slipping, against the gage, it's usually time to put on a sharp blade.
Mike O.