Mistakes or sloppy work

Page 3 of 7  
jtpr wrote:

I used to be one of the uneducated, unskilled and joined the military. Got out with better skills and some college. Got a good paying job with no benefits. Quit that job for one that paid less but had benefits Got more education Worked hard Got more money
Fairly simple to improve your situation, quit whining and do it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Exactly. And in addition to the above, people need to start being more responsible for themselves in general. All of the above isn't going to make a damn difference if you're on drugs, have a half-dozen illegitimate children, etc. At that point, you're pretty well screwed, but you did it to yourself. Actions have consequences, period.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:59:22 -0800, jtpr wrote:

Yep.
If someone is willing to let himself be unlawfully detained he deserves what happens to him.
I had a car salesman pull something like that on me--locked me in his office while he went to "try to negotiate a better price". He stained his pants when he came back and found me sitting in his chair and my buddy Sam Colt sitting on his desk.
--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
RicodJour wrote:

" Though most of the illegal workers were employed by third-party contractors"
Hardly backs up the statement that Wal Mart has been busted.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You seem to have missed a good bit of this thread. Go back and read the parts you missed. This was already covered.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes, the one case I can think of was their subcontracted maintenance service, it was the job of the company they hired to check the immigration status of their workers, not Walmart's job to make sure they did. I'm certain Walmart has been busted, and rightfully so, for labor violations and they deserve to be fined just like anyone else for it, but the Walmart-whiners will really go to any length to lie about Walmart, just to say "see, I told you so."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Source?
Those jobs are replaced by other, higher paying jobs. Such as transport, importation, sales, and distribution. Also, the products are cheaper, allowing your US dollar to buy more than it otherwise could.

So are you suggesting that companies be required to provide full medical benefits for all employees? Or just Walmart?
Because that certainly would cost us anything would it? $5 roll of toilet paper anyone?

This is America, that Wal-Mart may only be helping the Waltons is not a bad thing. (not that it is true).
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Considering the amount of jobs that are being contracted at cheaper rates overseas, it's obvious you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Amazing that more people are employeed now than ever before, since you think there are now fewer jobs to be had.
I didn't say there were not jobs being contracted out overseas, what I said is that contracting work out overseas creates jobs here. How? The product price becomes lower, more units can be sold, more people are need to sell those units, transport those units, distribute those units and import those units. Because of lower production costs, many products are a reality that would have never seen the market if they had to be made here, as the production costs wouldn't support the price point of the product.
I own and operate company that has many of it's products made overseas. And you think I don't have any idea what I am talking about? What do you do for a living?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

For which they should be busted because they are breaking the law. They are not breaking the law by paying minimum wage to people with no skills.

That's not their problem. Maybe if these people had an education and were more responsible, they'd have better jobs. It's not Walmart's fault that people are stupid.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Nov 17, 1:10 am, Brian Henderson

Back up there a moment, Hoss. Walmart foists some of what should be their costs of doing business onto government programs. So instead of paying their own way, Walmart is essentially getting subsidized by the government. Do you feel Walmart needs the help financially? You're okay with a mega-rich company taking some of your tax money simply because they want bigger profits?
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

No more than McDonalds is or babysitting jobs are or any other minimum wage, no benefit job is. These people don't DESERVE benefits. You don't get free health care for breathing, you have to work hard and EARN the right.
The fact that these people have no education and no skills and half of them have 6 kids by 6 fathers by the time they're 24 because nobody ever taught them to be responsible isn't Walmart's problem. Hell, without Walmart, these people would be on welfare and completely living off the public dole.
Try again.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Nov 17, 6:18 pm, Brian Henderson

I'm sorry, did you say something? I couldn't hear it though all of the bile spewing out of you.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:05:03 -0800, RicodJour wrote:
<snip>

<plonk>
--
X:\Newsreaders\sig.txt

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

In other words, you couldn't think of a response. Thanks for playing.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian Henderson wrote:

I thought of a response, but calling what you wrote - this:
"The fact that these people have no education and no skills and half of them have 6 kids by 6 fathers by the time they're 24 because nobody ever taught them to be responsible isn't Walmart's problem. Hell, without Walmart, these people would be on welfare and completely living off the public dole."
- the writings of an idjit, seemed rude to me, so I didn't.
You have no information to support anything you wrote because there is none. You created bogus scenarios to support your preconceived notions. Walmart employs over a million people and you're saying half of them have multiple kids by multiple fathers (when you resort to exaggeration to make an adult point, you've lost), have no education (they're working in a retail store - what are they supposed to have? A PHD? I'm sure the majority of them have a high school diploma), and the rest is just absurd so I won't dignify it.
If you want to discuss things where opinions are _all_ there is, comic books for instance, that's fine. I'm a big fan of comics myself. But don't start spewing hateful opinions, with ludicrous comments and expect to not get called on it. You could have expressed the exact same sentiments without spewing the bile. Remember - Truth, Justice and the American Way. That includes Canada, Mexico, South and Central - just so no one feels left out.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yeah! And child labor laws should be repealed, too, since they prevent childern from working hard and earning their health care.
--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - snipped-for-privacy@charm.net
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:17:40 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote:

Damn, Larry- So have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Nobody was talking about kids. There are all sorts of adult land carp taking up space in the world, and I don't know that I want to work so that they can have free health care when their livers fail after 30 or 40 years of hard drinking, or after they get knifed in a scuffle. I don't mind a little of my earnings going to help their kids, but only if those kids are moved into a better situation.
A person has to accept the responsibility to look out for themselves if they accept the freedom to act like an asshole. If they don't do that, all the money and goodwill in the world can't help them. Children and handicapped people (and I mean *real* handicapped people- not hypochondriacs and drug addicts) are exceptions to the general rule- but only because they *can't* make the choices they need to make. Able-bodied adults who don't make the right choices simply *won't*.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I can't argue with any of that. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of people feel the way you do. I'd take it a step further and require all criminal penalties and jail time incorporate substantial public service and/or work. The amount of work performed would contribute towards shortening the time served. Instill habits of hard work and productive efforts.
The part about your not minding if a little of your money went to help people out is also a commonly held viewpoint. That's one of the issues I have with Walmart. They keep their costs down and let the government take up the slack, other companies take the risks, other countries violate the law, for them. One of the largest companies in the world gets fines that would make a slap on the wrist look like the death penalty. Something's wrong there.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

While I wouldn't agree with the work contributing toward shortening the sentence, after all, the sentence is a penalty for a crime, not something to be bartered with, I would like to see *ALL* criminals who are not in without possibility of parole, be required to be trained in job skills. They should not be permitted out of prison unless they can demonstrate the ability to satisfactorily support themselves with some skill.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.