Misleading Amazon tactics

Placed an order on Monday past with Amazon. Item was described as 1 to 2 weeks shipping. After placing order I look at the online invoice and see the delivery date is Oct 17 - 31. Call Amazon Cust Service and am told I must have placed the order as the shiiping change was being put in place. Sorry, the item will not be delivered until the specified time. Man, I hate when that shit happens.
I just ordered (and received) the Forrest dado blade from Amazon. I had the oposite experience - they delivered 4 days earlier than they said.
TomL wrote:

I've had various experiences with Amazon continually pushing back their "expected delivery date", but I've also had no problems cancelling orders that have not shipped yet. You might try that if you need the item sooner and can get it locally. Now, I generally don't order from Amazon unless they say the item "usually ships within 24 hours". Good luck, Andy

The problem with my last order for various things and a SCMS was the shipment cost (thought it was free like usual) did not show. The shipment cost for the SCMS did show afterwards on my email not while I was ordering it. The shipment date did slipped for the SCMS but one other order did arrived early.