Misleading Amazon price cuts on tools

It's frustrating when you get charged $13 to ship something via UPS and then it doesn't make it to your door for nearly 2 weeks. Is there anywhere in the continental US that should take a 3 pound package that long to get to you?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Amazon.com is a company I would not go near with someone elses wallet, unless I hated the person !!!!

I even set a web filter in my HOSTS file to block them because too many sites link to them.

Just my opinion....

Reply to
maradcliff

Amazon.com is a company I would not go near with someone elses wallet, unless I hated the person !!!!

I even set a web filter in my HOSTS file to block them because too many sites link to them.

Just my opinion....

Reply to
maradcliff

Well, at least one item I just checked (Performax 16/32) is suddenly NOT eligible for Prime. It was before its price increased. I wonder what other products are no longer eligible for free shipping of any sort.

I joined Prime when it was first offered. At the time, I thought it made sense for me, given my purchase history and the stuff I was thinking about buying. It has certainly paid for itself by now (I've bought a lot of books, and some cookware, and taken good advantage of the free 2-day shipping), so if I can't use it for the rest of the year, I won't be terribly upset. But I won't renew my membership if the power tools on my wish list remain ineligible.

Reply to
Art Greenberg

I dunno about UPS but when I was in Copper Center, Alaska in

1993 I was told USPS express mail was only delivered twice a month. Regular (priority) mail was delivered once per week.
Reply to
fredfighter

Been watching that same item for a few weeks. As soon as the $100. rebate was announced by WMH, Amazon has been playing games with the price and shipping cost of the 16-32. I'll probably buy it before the rebate expires, however I wont buy from Amazon. Better deal here:

the only shipping charge is $3.99 for insurance.

Reply to
TomL

He wasn't complaining necessarily - just giving a heads-up about some snakey marketing techniques. Yes, the consumer eventually pays all costs, but if Amazon listed an item all summer at $100 with free shipping, then it's hardly a price cut if they now sell it at $90 with a $15 shipping fee.

Angrie.Woman