Mirror question

I am restoring a old mirror with a oak frame and the mirror needs some touch up of the "silver nitrate" (?) on the back side and I found out from local glass shop that this would be very expensive to redo the mirror. My question, is there any thing on the market that will fix a little spot here and there on the mirror?

Google is your friend.
E.G. http://www.restoration-advice.org/Pages/mirrors-history.html
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:04:00 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Norvin

No, unless you don't care if it matches/looks "repaired", you'll need to resilver the whole thing. See if you can find "The Mirror Book" by Jay Newman (or something similar) in your library.
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications
Norvin wrote:

It looks like this mirror will retain the appearence of an antique.