Mirror fogging.

Page 1 of 2

Replacing a damaged mirror in a freecycled bathroom cabinet and was curious as to how you prevent your mirror from fogging up if the bathroom gets steamy. This would be useful to me because I shave right after I get out of the shower.
TR
2 things. 1 - spit is the old standby. Sounds gross but hock a good loogie on it and rub it in and rinse it off. Works great for my diving masks and small mirror I use in the shower to shave. Full size mirror not really an option. (unless you have a bad cold)
2 - Use shaving cream. Rub it in - wipe it off - should last for a few showers w/out steaming up. You can even try it in one circle on the mirror and see how it works.

That is condensation. Either use an electric vent fan to exhaust the humid air out of the bath room while you are showering or use something to warm the mirror. Moisture usually does not condense on a surface that is warmer than the ambient temperature. Or there are some products that you apply to the surface that helps cut down on the fogging. Check with your local glass supplier. Or do like I did, shave in the shower. Do you need a mirror to see where your face is? LOL.. It took me about a week to learn to use my other hand to feel for the spots that needed more attention. Less mess in the shower. Also as you can rinse your face right there and you beard is soft and easier to cut at the end of your shower before you get out.
Mon, Jan 16, 2006, 7:50am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (TrailRat) doth burble: <snip> how you prevent your mirror from fogging up if the bathroom getssteamy. This would be useful to me because I shave right after I get out of the shower.
It's an extrememly compicated procedure, but works quite well for me. I'll try put it in plain terms, that are fairly easy for most people to comprehend.
Wipe off the mirror, when you get out of the shower, before you shave.
JOAT If you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

That leaves streaks. I always use the hair dryer.
The Repair Guy http://repairguy1993.netfirms.com /

Simplest solution to that problem is one I adopted many years ago: shave in the shower. You really *don't* need a mirror to shave, and it's easier to rinse the shaving cream off when you're done, too.
--
Regards,
"Doug Miller" wrote in message <

Spoken like a man with no moustache/goatee.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Touche' !
--
Regards,
Thanks for the responses.

"Ron Magen" wrote in message

LOL ... No way in hell I could do that and come out looking properly dapper, so I got in the habit of shaving before I got in the shower. Now I just build the bathroom big enough so that the mirror doesn't fog. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

"TrailRat" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Charley wrote:

She Yanks My Balls Occasionally???
Dave
"David" wrote in message

Relax, and enjoy it ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
Swingman wrote:

dave

These are increasingly common in the UK and they're not hugely expensive or awkward to install. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 1315&ts9573&idw859
The main thing though is to vent the damp air from the shower, not have it hanging around the bathroom.

Install a good bathroom fan.
"Phisherman" wrote in message

Or fan)s) ... best solution of all.
We have a large, semi-enclosed shower in a fairly large bathroom ... with three fart fans, one dead center over the shower, one in the middle of the room, and one in the "water closet", which is behind its own door, I've never had a problem with mirrors fogging in this bathroom in any weather.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

http://www.twbc.org/wd40.htm
HTH Bill : >
TrailRat wrote:

bottle. Wipe with cloth or paper towel until dry & shiny.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA