Minwax wipe on poly satin is really semi-gloss?

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to get an even coat of clear poly on top of some polyshade so I used minwax satin wipe on poly. After two coats it was even but it dried to a semi-gloss not a flat satin. Is this correct?
Sam
I always thought satin and simi gloss were about the same..

polyshade

Satin, velvet or low luster are about the same to most people, hardly distinguishable to the naked eye, however different paint, stain, varnish & urethane manufactures may have differing sheen levels for those categories between flat & Semi-gloss, some even go further like Satin flat or silk & may even use the term eggshell as both a finish & a color...confusing eh?
Anyhow Satin generally would be half way between Flat & Semi gloss if I remember right for Minwax Poly.
Jon~ (I ran a Home Hardware paint dept for 10 years & even gave seminars at one time.)
Well it's funny because the satin minwax polyshade is flat but the satin minwax wipe on poly is glossy but not as glossy as glossy polyshade or glossy poly. You'd think stain would be the same among a company's own products.

&

Well, we are talking about Minwax products though. I have learned to be much more picky than to use their products.

You would??..what other company packages one product under two color names because they presume people will not use a pine named color on oak & an oak named color on pine.....Minwax do, many people do not know that & buy both....good idea huh?
There are many much better products than Minwax out there to try anyhow.
--
Jon Down

My eBay items currently listed: