minor router table catastrophe

I had a minor catastrophe today regarding quick-thrown together extra router table.

I built the thing quick to finish a project where I needed to use 2 different router bits back to back to back. Unfortunately, I kept using it after the project was finished...

I just threw together a frame of 2x4's with a melamine top. I cheated on the joints cause I was being lazy, using 1/2" dowels at every joint with titebond 2 (it was just a temporary tool.. ).

Well, it had been getting a little "loose" lately and today, I fired up the router and "SNAP" - the entire frame disassembled - EVERY titebond 2/dowel joint failed.

Broke a 1/2" roundover bit and now the router vibrates horribly. I glad it was the cheapo no-name router I bought from the discount tool store.

Just thought I'd share.

tillius

Reply to
Tillius