MINOR Improvement to Scary Sharp

I just discovered, at least for me, a very minor improvement to the Scary Sharp method of sharpening iron. I've been using sandpaper to sharpen cutting edges for about 25 years, although not to 2,000 grit and not using plate glass. In just the last year I started using a piece of glass. Anyway, at work the other day I was looking for something from the supply cabinet and I ran across a new office gadget. It's sorta like a tape dispenser, but it dispenses a 1/4" wide strip of glue like the glue on Post-It notes. I immediately thought of using it on the sandpaper rather than spray adhesive which I always seem to get on me while spraying the sandpaper. I bought one at Office Max and I just tried it and it works great. Run a little strip in the corner of the sandpaper and a short X in the middle and it sticks nicely to the glass. Just like Post-It notes the sandpaper is easily removable and can be restuck to the glass if needed. It's less messy than spray adhesive in my opinion.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Larry C writes:

Most anything is. Suggest you take a look at Lee Valley's microabrasives, with PSA. Too, McFeely's has a neat system using rolled PSA abrasives with MDF.
Charlie Self
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas J. Watson
What is the name of the stuff and where can you get it?

Larry C in Auburn, WA wrote:

What's it called exactly? How expensive was it?
Might be worth checking out indeed. I'm clamping my paper because I hate screwing with the adhesive, and I'm almost as tired of screwing with the clamps.
Here's a link to a picture/description of it: http://www.aboveroute.com/item/-Papermate-Dryline-Adhesive-Dispenser-and-Refills/i34962.htm I don't have the receipt, but I think it was around $6.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Silvan" < snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message

How thick is it? No bumps or lumps, even with the finest grits?
The mess of cleaning up 3M 77 keeps me from doing SS as often as I should. This stuff definitely looks promising.
Thanks for finding it!
Kevin