Minor gloat: outfeed improvised

I was using my new Griz 1023 table saw on a new cabinet set I'm building and was wishing I had an outfeed table to assist with cutting sheet goods.

After awhile I happened to look over in the corner of the garage and spotted a beat up long office table- the cheap kind with fold up legs(even new around $30-50). I popped it up and made leg extension bases out of 2 by 4 blocks to get the office table up to the height of the table saw.

The leg extensions have shallow holes in them for the legs of the table to sit down into to give it some stability.

Tried it out and son of a gun: it worked. And it can be folded up quick and stored out of the way in our garage, which is a good thing.

Now if I could just get the drawer glides to install I'd be in business. I'm trying the face mounted type for the first time and it has been a real PIB. The glides insert into plastic brackets that fasten to the back of the cabinet and getting them level and square has been problematic.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

You need one of these:

a similar device. They are carried by many other people....

R> Now if I could just get the drawer glides to install I'd be in business.

Reply to
Pat Barber