Minor gloat

If you mean was your sarcasm difficult to follow, no, not obtuse - abstruse or obscure, maybe. Depends on the reader.

As far as the OP's self-described minor gloat - nice way to rain on his parade. You ignored the Rockwell clamp - the point of his post - the Crapsman thing was clearly meant as an aside. The Rockwell Jawhorse thing is well regarded, and for $60 for a new one it qualifies as a minor gloat.

The corner clamps are another matter, and it's not clear exactly which Craftsman corner clamps the OP bought. Craftsman has a new Bessey knockoff that goes for ~$25 which is about $15 less than the Bessey. I haven't seen the Craftsman one up close, but if it's reasonable four of them for $40 is also reasonable.

RicodJour

a _step_ ?? More like a running broad jump.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I would assume there would be some difficulty in jumping a running broad.

Reply to
Robatoy

snipped-for-privacy@teranews.com wrote: : I've been coveting one of those $179 Rockwell clamps since they were : introduced a few years back, but couldn't justify the investment for a : once-in-a-blue-moon shop buddy. Got a brand new one on CL for $60.

That's great. I have one (I paid full price, but got it with a discount coupon) and they're really terrific clamp/support/etc. tools. Enjoy!

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Perhaps you could assuage any hurt feelings with one of your well advertised investigations into his personal business to see if he had any unclaimed funds, merchandise, property, etc. outstanding. I mean really, since you probably have it ready to go anyway....

Reading big words with a lot of letters can be challenging for a lot of folks. Read carefully though, and you will discover there is no reference anywhere, at any time to Craftsman tools in the OP's post.

Worse, you go on to post an opinion on your own opinion of a incorrect assumption on your part. He never said he bought Craftsman; he never said which model he bought; no one knows. Being your own sock puppet can be tough, but it shouldn't be so obvious.

It is possible that he was using a pejorative term to describe his own self flagellation or even self loathing over his purchase, but we don't know that, either.

Maybe you and Lamb Chop can work that out and post to each other.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41