minor gloat

My main living is working as one half of a duo working the pubs & clubs around the UK.
Last night when we got to the pub we were playing at, 70 odd miles away, we found they were in the middle of a refurb. One of the two bars was completely closed, but through the window I could see a small mountain of timber.
When I was talking to the landlord during the evening, he said there was quite a few offcuts of timber if I wanted them.
They were pieces of Ash 19.5" wide and up to 36" long, 2" thick. all told about a dozen of them.
The floor of the Estate (Volvo) was 6" thick on the way home, I only just managed to get the gear in as well.
Oh yeah, they're doing the other bar up next month and the landlord said he'd keep the offcuts from that one for me as well.
<Thinks (now what can I make with slabs of Ash?)>
Micky
Nothing minor about that gloat! With the price of lumber around here, I'd call it a major score!! Way to keep your head in the ballgame.
--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington

I'd say just working the pubs and clubs of the UK is a bit of a gloat in itself. Add the free lumber? You suck! Tom