Miniature Framing Square?

I'm looking for a small framing square, 4x6 inch or thereabout. A standard machinists square won't work. It needs to be flat like a framing square.

Any ideas where I can get one?

I've already tried Snap-On, Stanley, Ace, WW Warehouse.

Reply to
Nunya Biznas

Start with a large one and use a hacksaw... ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

How about something like this:

metalworking supplier (MSC, Travers, J&L, Penn Tool, etc.) will carry them in a variety of sizes.

Reply to
AL

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nunya Biznas) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I have one that is 6 x 8, flat, looks about 3/32 thick, and comes in very handy at times. On it is stamped Stanely No. 68, fwiw.

Reply to
Manny Davis

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

I work in a metal shop and could LASER Cut you one if you like. I make some for the shop 1.5x3 or any size you want....Brian (Don't have any here I think but will look in the shop later and snap a pic and post to ABPW)

Reply to
Brian

I've got one that exactly meets your description, made out of stainless steel. Perhaps not as accurate as some of my other squares, but more than good enough for woodworking, and handy as heck. And just like a real framing square, it's got measuring scales engraved on both legs.

The only problem is I can't remember where I got it. I could have sworn it was a Lee Valley thing, but I checked their web site and don't see anything like it.

Reply to
Roy Smith

Reply to
Grandpa

Or buy the small one from Stanley.

Reply to
CW

How about this?

Erik

You are looking for a try square, I imagine any hardware store carries them.

mike

Reply to
mike

Found what it is you were looking for. X-acto makes them (#7726).

$7.06 for a 3"x4"

Nunya Biznas wrote:

Reply to
Grandpa

I've never seen one that small but they are cheap enough you could cut one down if necessary for some special purpose. Could you use a drafting triangle?

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

I just dug mine out. It says Veritas on it, so it was definately a Lee Valley deal. 6" on the long leg, 3" on the short. Inside and outside scales with 16ths and 32nds. No idea why they don't carry it any more, it's a really handy item. Maybe if Rob is reading this, he'll start stocking it again :-)

Reply to
Roy Smith

I've been looking for the same thing. I had an old one till I discovered just how far out of square it was. Menards has some that are close, but out of 5 I checked, not a one was square to the next one within 1/16" over 6". Doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to make something with two legs at 90 degrees...

Jim

Roy Smith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@reader2.panix.com:

Reply to
Jim