Miniature Framing Square?

I'm looking for a small framing square, 4x6 inch or thereabout. A standard machinists square won't work. It needs to be flat like a framing square.
Any ideas where I can get one?
I've already tried Snap-On, Stanley, Ace, WW Warehouse.
Nunya Biznas wrote:

Start with a large one and use a hacksaw... ;-)
-- Mark
How about something like this:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=H2695
Any metalworking supplier (MSC, Travers, J&L, Penn Tool, etc.) will carry them in a variety of sizes.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nunya Biznas) wrote in

I have one that is 6 x 8, flat, looks about 3/32 thick, and comes in very handy at times. On it is stamped Stanely No. 68, fwiw.
Why won't a draftsman's triangle work? They are as if not more accurate than anything else I own - Brown and Sharpe, Starrett, Mitutoyo. They are cheap also. I set up all my machinery with them since they are light and SO accurate. When I worked at a Grandfather clock factory, the tool and die people would take their measurements off our drawings-drawn with a draftsmans triangle.
On 22 Nov 2003 09:21:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nunya Biznas) wrote:

I work in a metal shop and could LASER Cut you one if you like. I make some for the shop 1.5x3 or any size you want....Brian (Don't have any here I think but will look in the shop later and snap a pic and post to ABPW)
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nunya Biznas) wrote:

I've got one that exactly meets your description, made out of stainless steel. Perhaps not as accurate as some of my other squares, but more than good enough for woodworking, and handy as heck. And just like a real framing square, it's got measuring scales engraved on both legs.
The only problem is I can't remember where I got it. I could have sworn it was a Lee Valley thing, but I checked their web site and don't see anything like it.

I just dug mine out. It says Veritas on it, so it was definately a Lee Valley deal. 6" on the long leg, 3" on the short. Inside and outside scales with 16ths and 32nds. No idea why they don't carry it any more, it's a really handy item. Maybe if Rob is reading this, he'll start stocking it again :-)
I've been looking for the same thing. I had an old one till I discovered just how far out of square it was. Menards has some that are close, but out of 5 I checked, not a one was square to the next one within 1/16" over 6". Doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to make something with two legs at 90 degrees...
Jim
(Nunya Biznas) wrote:

X-acto makes them in 3"x4". Do a Google search for x-acto square and you'll get all sorts of hits. Prices are well under $10.
Jim wrote:

Since its got to be totally flat, your best bet is probably to buy a larger one like a 12" and cut it down. I thought I saw one once at Home Depot when I was looking for a 6" sliding tri-square for dollhouse stuff but memory loss is a hell of a thing.
Other possibilities are Small Parts Inc http:www.smallparts.com or perhaps a modelling website like for trains or dollhouses or a link from here http://www.mveneman.demon.nl/mcorner/tools/tools.htm
Nunya Biznas wrote:

Or buy the small one from Stanley.
"Grandpa" <jsdebooATcomcast.net> wrote in message

How about this? http://tinyurl.com/w7hb
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Nunya Biznas) wrote in message

You are looking for a try square, I imagine any hardware store carries them.
mike
Found what it is you were looking for. X-acto makes them (#7726).
http://store.artcity.com/xac-7726.html $7.06 for a 3"x4"
Nunya Biznas wrote:

I've never seen one that small but they are cheap enough you could cut one down if necessary for some special purpose. Could you use a drafting triangle?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland