Mini Small Gloat

This week I was asked if I would like to buy 520 bd ft of 4/4 rough cut red oak. Before I could ask any questions, I was saying yes, I'll buy it, then I asked "How much" I was told "$100" Now the process of planing, jointing and sanding is up next.
-- Woody
Check out my Web Page at:
http://community-1.webtv.net/WoodworkerJoe/WoodworkerJoesInfo
Where you will find:
******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03
* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03 * * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03 * * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03 * * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03 * * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03 * * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
$0.20 a board foot is more than a mini gloat. I paid more than 10 times that yesterday. You suck, JG
Joe Woody Woodpecker wrote:

Joe "Woody" Woodpecker did say:

You Suck. And I didn't even have to ask first.
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Joe "Woody" Woodpecker) says...

Man, do you SUCK!
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

I agree, that's no mini gloat. I paid $1.00 a board foot and was happy with that.
May have you beat. 4' x4' x10' bundle of poplar $72 to my door. Same price for red oak, hickory, maple. Did have to throw away about 10% that were substandard out of the lot but that left me with the rest . Best of all it is a repeatable buy. "

Okay, I'm still waiting for someone to ask where. I'm not going to do it though. Mike in Arkansas
If any one is interested I would be glad to tell where, but since you didn't, I won't.

OK, where?
Mutt

Just for you Mike...
Hey, Sweet Sawdust, where do buy 4'x4'x10' bundles of red oak, hickory and maple for $72, delivered?
">

I didn't say delivered, I said to my door. Rapogle lumber in Paris Tn. has 4x4x8 ft bundles of lumber for $50, plus $22 gas, one bundle will fill a 16 ft trailer. Some is green and a lot is 6 months or older. Northern lumber in Louisville Ky. has a similar deal in that if you buy a bundle of lumber from them you can haul off all you can carry of kiln dried lumber from thier burn pile. Granted a lot of it is garbage buy a awful lot is better than what you get a lowes and other lumber yards. Check with you local real lumber yard for off cuts, I get a truck load of oak every few weeks from the local mills a lot of it kild dried, for free.

Interesting. Seeing as how I live on the Indiana side of the river from Louisville, I may have to give them a call to see what they say.