Mini-Projects: Tool Racks

You've got several sets of bench chisels, some carving chisels and the like. If they don't have a home yet then a nice mini-project could be making a chisel rack or two. Want to use some of your scraps? Want to try handcut dovetails or finger/box joints? Make some racks!

charlie b

Those are really nifty racks and you have provided some perspective I needed. I have a very limited creative imagination because I have ADHD upstairs, so this does help. Once it's seen, it's there. I am going to make one long wall hanging rack for all sorts of handle tools including small handsaws, chisels and screwdrivers. It will have to be something of a multi-design in one structure.

Question, what are all the softwares you use to make your graphics?

Reply to
AAvK

Sometimes a line drawing can fill in a gap or two.

ADHD? Attention Defecit ? ? Wasn't that formerly referred to as Senior Moments?

You might want to rethink one long wall rack and consider a wall hanging tool cabinet or two, with deep doors. You double the use of the wall space each cabinet occupies. And if you fill it with modules made to hold specific tools you can do them as mini-projects, many out of scraps. Blow a module and you're just out some scrap - nothing else is affected. In addition to trying different joinery you can also try different finishes - double bonus.

Most of my illustrations are done with an old Aldus package called SuperPaint 3.5, last released in '93. Adobe bought out Aldus and scrapped SuperPaint because it competed with their Illustrator and at 1/3rd the price. It's not a CAD package but it's a lot easier to learn and does most of what I want to do. Have Design Inuition for Mac OS X but haven't got to using it much. If you're a "see it and get it" person, have a look at these dovetail instructions. Might just get you to try it.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder = serious mental television snow and the noise to go along with it. You might mean dimentia, not the same thing. This is another kind of "brainial" (made that up) chemical imbalance.

Yeah I mean it would be about gour feet long. Made with different kindsa holders. I have the perfect scrap maple from ripping my benchtop boards. I have a wall hanging shelf for handplanes.

Thanks I was curious because I "was" into graphics, like photoshop, PSP, and need an easy CAD software currently.

website. It is a far better offering than Frank Klauzs' site, which is pure business. Sites like yours really help folks like me, definitely!

Reply to
AAvK