Mini lathe Rikon vs Jet

Anyone have any experience with either of these, in particular the Rikon is the Model 70-100 mini lathe and the Jet would be 708375. Woodcraft sells both for $249.99. This weekend they have a 10% off sale on all tools, with some exceptions. That would bring each to about $225. The JET comes with a free 5 piece Mini Turning set (value $19.99) plus a $25 mail in rebate. After rebate the Jet would be about $200.
From my research, JET has been around for a while (that's obvious) but Rikon has been getting good reviews. This particular JET seems to be a new model (or that is how everyone is selling it). Accessories (bed extensions, stands, etc) cost the same for both.
Karl

I've had a Jet mini for years and it's a great lathe...
I've never used the Rikon, but I've been considering one... seems to have nice features and all.. same price as the Jet..
It weighs a bit more than the jet, but for most folks that's probably a good thing.. not for me since the mini is my "traveling to shows" lathe..
I can't speak for Rikon, but jet has a very good reputation, AFAIK... I also have a Jet 1442VS lathe and it's taken a lifetime of abuse in the last 3 or 4 years and still works well.. When my mini was about 6 months old, the motor burned out.. Jet replaced it free..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing