Mini gloat

I picked up these 5 Bessey corner clamps for 50 bucks yesterday. I figure 10 bucks a piece was a pretty good deal, not great but better than retail
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/chairman57/P1010321.jpg
"ChairMan" wrote in message
I picked up these 5 Bessey corner clamps for 50 bucks yesterday. I figure 10 bucks a piece was a pretty good deal, not great but better than retail
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/chairman57/P1010321.jpg
Looks like an excellent buy. WW
On 10/12/2013 6:08 PM, ChairMan wrote:

So let me be the first to say you suck.
pretty good buy.
Not great, you got 5 for the price of a little more than 1.
--
Jeff

In belched:

one if you buy at Rockler or another retailer, but on Amazon they're about 23 bucks each. Still a pretty good deal, ya can't ever have enough clamps<g>

Hell of a deal!
In wrote:

i asked him how he ended up with 5, he didn't know why. I can see 4 corners, but 5? Oh well, I'm not complainin
"ChairMan" wrote in message

Couldn't find them all when he needed them so he bought another? I can think of a person whom I know who has a history of doing that... He had an unbelievable number of hammers and tape measures after straightening up the shop and retrieving items from the four corners of the property and vehicles...

Yep, I cleaned up my shop in the last few days and found a couple tape measures, several pencils, assorted fasteners and a whole bunch of screwdrivers and pliers. I wonder where they went!
And two small boxes of sandpaper for my sanders. I don't even remember them. They are several years old.
And several pairs of safety goggles. And a box of nitrile gloves I had needed numerous times and couldn't find them.
I am getting organized and putting labels up. It won't change my personality or anything. But it should reduce the can't find it insanity.
"ChairMan" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------- "John Grossbohlin" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------- "Lee Michaels" wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------- In a past life I passed out small screwdrivers (The ones that had a magnet in one end) to prospects.
I warned the prospect that these were special screwdrivers that came equipped with invisible legs that allowed the screwdriver to disappear when the prospect wasn't looking.
That was my story and I'm sticking to it.
Lew
On 10/17/2013 12:00 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I'm pretty sure I know why he had an unbelievable number of hammers and tape measures. When you need one, it is seldom where you are, and maybe not even where you think you last left it! :)

Is he ex-military working at the Pentagon?
On 10/17/2013 4:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

That is funny.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 10/17/2013 8:08 AM, Swingman wrote:

Funny, but it seems unlikely. Were that the case, those clamps Chairmain scored would originally have cost $1,325.00 each<g>

Agreed, but I was laughing more at the five/pentagon. :)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 10/17/2013 8:49 AM, Swingman wrote:

So was I, but it just couldn't be for the reasons stated<g>>
On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:04:18 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"

I have "an unbelievable number" of tape measures. I have the same strategy with them as I do pencils; leave them everywhere so when you need one it's handy. ;-)
Hammers, not so much. I like certain hammers. They're irreplaceable. ;-)