Mini gloat

While not the out-and-out thievery that some of you guys report, I did buy a brand new, only partially assembled Jet 16" BS w/fence yesterday for $550.

I might have done better but I thought of my wife being a widow in the same situation and only dickered a little bit.

Happy Birthday to Me.

Now all I need to do is replace the POS blade that came with it and maybe I can cut some wood.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I have the same saw, it works great - with a new blade! Great price! Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

Great saw for the price. I spent a year looking for a deal on a bandsaw, never found one. Had to pay retail. Ed

Reply to
amazed

Ouch. Sometimes you just gotta do it. I'm not sure I need this much saw, but I'd been tempted by the 18" Rikon. Our local Woodcraft had a "vendor day" last week with 10% off on Rikon. I convinced myself to pass and then this showed up in the classifieds and I figured it was a compromise between a 14" and the 18". I've order up some BCSaw blades, so we shall see how it does. Gotta be better than my 12" tilting-head Crapsman :-)

Wes

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I like Rikon, got to play with it at the local Woodcraft.

Reply to
amazed

Reply to
Steve