Mini gloat

While not the out-and-out thievery that some of you guys report, I did buy a brand new, only partially assembled Jet 16" BS w/fence yesterday for $550.
I might have done better but I thought of my wife being a widow in the same situation and only dickered a little bit.
Happy Birthday to Me.
Now all I need to do is replace the POS blade that came with it and maybe I can cut some wood.

I have the same saw, it works great - with a new blade! Great price! Dave

Great saw for the price. I spent a year looking for a deal on a bandsaw, never found one. Had to pay retail. Ed
On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:10:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Ouch. Sometimes you just gotta do it. I'm not sure I need this much saw, but I'd been tempted by the 18" Rikon. Our local Woodcraft had a "vendor day" last week with 10% off on Rikon. I convinced myself to pass and then this showed up in the classifieds and I figured it was a compromise between a 14" and the 18". I've order up some BCSaw blades, so we shall see how it does. Gotta be better than my 12" tilting-head Crapsman :-)
Wes

I like Rikon, got to play with it at the local Woodcraft.
Yup. Me too. Got the Ridgid 14" at BORG, then added a 6" riser block. and a decent fence from Woodcraft. Great saw for the money, and I've resawn some hardwood up to 7" wide so far (figured bigleaf maple). Took me a while to get the technique down, but I only screwed up one piece of wood--the first one I tried.