Mini Circular saw (UK)

Hi all,
Having a little lie-in this morning, I was channel hopping on the satellite TV and came across QVC who were selling a tiny 400w plunging circular saw (Exact Mini Circular Saw). This saw has a depth of cut of up to 13mm (1/2 inch) but looks to be quite a useful tool for cutting holes in panels or even as a small trimsaw. It sold out in about 1/2 an hour (as it did last time it was on I believe) but has anyone here bought one of these and what do they think of it. If not can any one recommend someting similar I could buy in the UK?
Price was 127 UKP so not exactly a throwaway item. Regards, Jeff.
"Jeff Hartley @blairvoyach- farm.co.uk>" <jeffh<antispamantispam> wrote in message

I don't see it as useful for cutting holes. All circular blades will not cut all the way through and one this small will leave a substantial chunk of wood uncut. You would have to finish it with chisels, a hand saw, or a jig saw. If you have to do that, you might was well use 'em to begin with. I also don't see its advantage over a regular handheld circular saw, especially at the price they ask. In other words, it seems cut but not all that useful.
Bob
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:11:01 GMT, "Bob"

I was leaning towards this view myself, doesn't seem to do anything I can't do with a Jigsaw, Bandsaw or regular circular. Just thought I'd ask in case somone out there has found the killer application for one :-) Thanks again. Regards, Jeff.
Jeff Hartley wrote:

all the 1/4" panels for my kitchen cabinets.