Min. Wage (was Re: 20% off at HD - caveat)

First of all, judging by the aggregate quality of your posts, you're pretty limp.
But I'd like to know, seriously, why does a certain segment of the population, including this putz, think that just because someone gets minimum wage, they are allowed to be rude, uninformed, lazy, etc? I've held many minimum wage jobs while in high school and working through college. I did the job as best I could, showed up on time, was helpful. I worked cashier in a grocery store (pre-scanner days) where we were given copies of the Sunday paper so that we could study the ads for the next week and be able to ring up the discounted prices. Perhaps the difference is that I have a WORK ETHIC.
Anytime anyone treats me like this tool person did, whether she is paid minimum wage or six figures, I'm gonna call them a waste of skin. I don't care ethnicity, race, gender, prior situation, family life. If you are hired to do a service job, DO IT! If you are not going to do the job, STAY HOME AND STARVE.

Agreed. There may be reasons (wage is not one of them) , but there are NO excuses. Ed
So NOW you say they were rude? That was not what you said at the start of this thread. You have exposed yourself as a self-centered snob who thinks they are actually better than someone who draws a salary less then their own. Your own "ethics" are pretty shaky, IMHO. You forgot to tell us how much tougher you had it back in the "good ole days". Like when you trudged 13 miles to school in blizzards with holes in your shoes. Give me a frickin' break!
dave
snipped-for-privacy@null.com wrote:

So NOW you say they were rude? That was not what you said at the start of this thread. You have exposed yourself as a self-centered snob who thinks they are actually better than someone who draws a salary less then their own. Your own "ethics" are pretty shaky, IMHO. You forgot to tell us how much tougher you had it back in the "good ole days". Like when you trudged 13 miles to school in blizzards with holes in your shoes. Give me a frickin' break!
and HOW COME YOU CAN'T EVEN PUT YOUR NAME TO YOUR POSTS?? Wimp.
dave
snipped-for-privacy@null.com wrote:

Lots of value to this response!

Hey kid, life sucks. This grocery store is paying you more than your pocket money allowance used to be, and when you're through college you can get a proper job. In the meantime, grin and bear it.
Now that's not such a bad situation to be in. You know it's temporary.
Now how would you feel if this Johnny no-stars role was _all_ you had to look forward to, because you lived in Buttfuck Idaho where the potato mines had shut down and all that was left was the Wallymart that ate your town centre ? -- Smert' spamionam

I would feel that the manager has every right to FIRE MY ASS for costing him business.

I'd pack my bags and take the road to a better place. Good help is hard to find and if you are truly good, the better paying jobs are available. Ed

And who does he replace him with ?
Andy Dingley wrote:

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

A minimum wage earner without a BAD ATTITUDE. What is with this?!? You get crapped on in life, and you have an entitlement to be a disgruntled employee? I have never said min wage people can't be stupid or bad at their jobs. But they have NO right to crap on the customers.
You lose your job, you can sit in an empty town and gripe to anyone who passes by that your lot in life is due to XXX company or YYY politician. Or you can suck it up, go back to school, move to another town, and fix the problem