Milwaukee suggestions?

Page 3 of 3
I think the exit for KMHW is Highway K, don't recall the actuall name of the street. You have to duck under the freeway to get to the frontage road that you will take north to KMHW.
IMHO, Elliot's pales in comparison to Neu's in Menomonee Falls (the hometown of the UA100), which carries Delta and General big iron, as well as an awesome asortment of everything else. Pay with cash and get 10% off your purchase. Neu's is on the westerly frontage road just south of the Highway Q exit (same highway you take to KMHW).
Joe Germantown, WI

Sound's like something to look into someday. But for me, we're talking serious distance. I'm near Mitchell Field. For whatever reason, someone decided there shall be no good hardware stores closer than a radius of 10 miles from the airport. Yeah, some True Values, but nothing *good*
That 10% off is sounding though.
On Sun, 02 May 2004 18:10:06 GMT, "Joe Tylicki"

Milwaukee? I suggest picking up a Sawzall. <g>
dave
Mapdude wrote:

World's best cheddar cheese? Get some! And some 'Old Wisconsin' sausage too! Alex

Cheese Curds. Brat. Old Style.

Didn't heilemanns shut down the brewery in LaCrosse? Where do they brew Old Style now?
scott
writes:

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Say it ain't so, Joe! The World's Largest Six Pack - gone???

Brewery is still there, it's just not Heilemanns anymore.
scott

Many moons ago (perhaps the 70's), when I was in beertown, there was a restaurant down by the lake called the "Safe House". If it is still there, you may want to check it out. (You enter through a phone booth, IIRC).
scott

It's still there, fantastic sandwiches and fries. You can get in if you know the passphrase, or if you don't know it you get to do something silly (on camera, of course) for the amusement of the people already inside. You can go _out_ through the phone booth, through the hidden passage, but you'll want someone else to walk in front.
It's on "Front street" which is an alley, runs north for a block off of Wells, just west of water.
Dave Hinz
writes:

I remember that place - on Front Street. Think the sign said "International Import/Exports" or sumthin' like that. You entered into a small receptionist's lobby - and spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to open up the secret door. Blissfully unaware that you were being watched by the patron's on closed-circuit TV. You *exited* by a phone booth - had to ask your waitress for the special number.
Think it started in the 70's along with the Spy Boom. By the time I had got there - early 80's it was pretty run down but still fun.
We are still brewing beer in LaCrosse! It is now called City Brewery. Brands include City Light and LaCrosse Lager. Plus there are more such as seasonal brands. They also do a lot of brewing for other companies.
I've been to the "Safe House" myself, about 20 years ago. How time flies!