Milwaukee comes through!

You all may recall a post I made last week concerning a refused warranty repair on a Milwaukee worm drive saw. Well I am most happy (and relieved) to report that I recieved a call from the regional service guy that I had voiced mailed last week telling me that he was authorizing the repair under warranty.

He indicated that he had not seen the saw himself, but felt from my description of the issue (pretty much what I posted here), that I did not appear to be trying to get something for nothing, and on that basis alone, was authorizing the repair.

I thanked him profusely, for: A) returning my call and B) not assuming that I was trying to rip them off with a bogus repair claim. ( I was not)

I am happy and relieved with that, not just because they are fixing the saw for free, though that is nice, but more so because I was able to reach a human who put me on to somebody who could make a decision, all with one phone call. Pretty rare nowadays. And very glad that a venerable operation like Milwaukee has not yet succumbed to some of the "modern managment" theories that has seemed to afflict so many other companies these days.

So credit where credit is due. Hurray for Milwaukee!!

Thanks for all of your input.

-AL A.

Reply to
Al A.

Go Big Red! :)

Thanks for the followup.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth
[snipped good new for brevity]

My shop is predominantly Milwaukee red. The bulk of my power tools are Milwaukee. I always had good luck with their equipment. In 30 years, I never had to test their warranty. I have rebuilt a couple of their pieces, like their monster belt sander, and the 1/2" close quarters drill, but nothing has ever shit the bed calling for the warranty. I'm glad to hear all turned out well for you. It gives me even more confidence in the product than I already had.

I will wholeheartedly recommend Milwaukee to anybody who wants to listen. I'm absolutely pleased with that 5616 router. What a nice tool.

...all the usual caveats..yadda yadda

Reply to
Robatoy

Same here. Like I said, it was refreshing just to speak with somebody who is in this country. Like you, this is the first time in 25 or so years that I have had occasion to utilize a warranty.

I have a friend that workd for many years in some of the heavy industrial plants in and around Michagan. He always said that the steelworkers always told him "If it dosen't say Milwaulkee on it, it ain't really a drill..."

Reply to
Al A.