Milwaukee 5616 router

I recently purchased a Milwaukee router model 5615 that developed bad bearings soon after I purchased it. The Milwaukee rep was great though and allowed me to return it and trade up to the 5616. Sp far I love it, but I'm wondering if you can buy the plunge base for it seperately ? Also do Porter cable edge guides work with it ?
Any feedback from other owners also much appreciated.
Thanks, Lenny
Add pictures here
✖

That extruded aluminum bar edge guide that Porter Cable makes should be quite easy to adapt to almost any router that has holes for rod type edge guides. It has a flat plate on the end of the aluminum extrusion that the rods screw into. Even if it doesn't fit right out of the box it should be easy enough to make a new plate to change the rod spacing to fit anything. I was considering doing exactly that before I managed to locate the correct edge guide for an older router that I have. Turn-Lock also makes an edge guide that's easy to adapt to almost any router. It's attached to an included router base plate with many hole patterns in it to fit many different routers. Even if it doesn't have a hole pattern that fits your router it's easy to copy the hole pattern from your router's base plate onto it and even Lowes stocks the Turn-Lock edge guide.
Sorry, I can't help with the plunge base, but a Google search might find a source, or even a used one.
Charley
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks Charley. I have tried Google to no avail yet. Your advice on the turn-lock guide makes a lot of sense. A man can't have to many routers,but seperate edge guides for all of them just doesn't make sense. =0 )
Lenny
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 5, 10:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Funny, that. My 5615 has a lot more vibration than the 5616. But it only does one job, so I'm not being bothered by it. The 5616, however, has been outstanding and is my most used router in my shop. I use MV12 Hitachis for plunge action, and that is all they do. I found that cheaper than a base for the Milwaukee.
The 5620 is a dream-come-true. Quiet, accurate, and tons of balls. I can't say enough nice things about that tool.
✖
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 08:57:38 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Thanks Robatoy. It's nice to hear that you have liked yours so well. I have several including a Makita 3hp Plunge,which I generally keep in a table, but this one seems to be a real nice all around router. It'll free up my others for dedicated use such as cutting dovetais. Lenny
Add pictures here
✖
Plunge base available as a separate casting and edge guide possible. See link: http://patwarner.com/router_edge_guide.html ***********************************
On Apr 5, 6:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 09:32:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

times. It is comprehensive and often causes me to drool all over myself. =0 )
I wasn't quite sure what you meant though concerning the plunge base. Is it available from Milwaukee seperately ? I have never seen it except in a set
Lenny
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 5, 12:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Bet somebody knows; there's always somebody who knows about this stuff. **************************************************

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@patwarner.com wrote:

Don't know for sure it's the right base, but try http://www.toolsforless.com/brand/milwaukee/bases.html

--John
✖
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 14:02:20 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Of course now after seeing the price, I have to decide if it's better to just buy another router with the plunge base.
Thanks for finding that J. ... proves that it IS available. (and also proves Pat right ... There IS always somebody who knows!)
Lenny
Add pictures here
✖