Milwaukee 48-10-0060 Router

I just purchased a user Milwaukee Router at a Yard Sale. The router itself functions fine and has a lot of power. The problem I do have, however, is I don't have any wrenches to fit it. I have one that pretty much fits the collet nut on top, but not the one that holds the nut while you are loosening or tightening the collet nut. Does anyone have extra wrenches for this router? Or have a non-functioning router that has wrenches they no longer need? Please let me know. I have already contacted Milwaukee to see what they have to say.
I needed a part for a Milwaukee Sawzall. Milwaukee was willing to sell it to me (their website has parts lists for all their products) for $20. I found it at a local dealer (also listed on their website) for $10.
I expect you can do the same.
I was very surprised at the low price; the wrench shouldn't be that much.

The actual problem is, however, my router does not even exist in their system anymore. I took the machine/series number off the router itself, and entered in to to their parts list and it came up with nothing. I am still waiting for a reply from them. If they tell me it is a universal part, I will go to a local dealer that I can hopefully find around here. But, since I can't bring up any part numbers for this particular router, there isn't much I can do at this point until they can get back to me.
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:55:58 -0400, "Tom Martinello"

Got a decent used tool store or pawn shop near you? they will often have a bin of odd sized wrenches you can dig through for $.50 or $1.00 each.

I do often go in to stores like that, but I would have my doubts to find something like that there. But, you never know, I suppose. I may need to go that route. If I could get something IN there to see what size it was, I would make my own wrench. But, if life were that easy, well... I don't know. :)
You can buy replacement wrenches at www.toolpartsdirect.com. It might be cheaper to buy them from Harbor Freight, Sears, etc. and grind them down if it is too thick.

That is what I am going to have to do, I guess. Milwaukee did get back to me today and told me the wrench sizes, but they no longer carry them. So, I guess I will have to either get some made up to fit the inside collet nut since it is obviously too thin to fit anything I have already or do the grinding thing, which is what I was planning on doing once Milwaukee told me the proper sizes.
Well, as luck would have it, I was over at my mom's place earlier today and looked in my dad's workbench and found the 7/8" THIN wrench I needed for this router. I already had the 1 1/8" wrench I found in one of my cars after a trip to the mechanic. So, now I am able to use this router. Well, almost. I found out now that I need a 1/2" bit for it now. Damn it! :)
I bought wrenches for my Milwaukee router at amazon.com

I lucked out, like I said. I already had a wrench a mechanic had left in my car when doing service, and I happened upon the other wrench I needed in my dad's workbench. I didn't even need to grind it down. :)